It’s obvious to say students usually don’t have enough time to prepare some food for themselves due to overloaded schedule at university. But who said a student recipe should only be made of pasta? No ordered pizzas, burgers or lasagnas in this blog! I am going to share with you an easy student recipe everyone will be able to make.
Is there an existing person who doesn’t like chicken? Indeed, as you may have noticed, out main ingredient will be chicken breasts. Stuffed chicken breast sounds even better! There are millions of stuffing options, though I decided to make a variation of different vegetables and also add some cheese with mushrooms. I basically took everything I had in my fridge. Below you can see the ingredients you will need for this recipe.
Chicken breasts- 4st
Cheese- 2 slices
Mushrooms- 100 g
Paprika- ½ st
Zucchini- ½ st
Tomato- 1 st
Red onion ½ st
Mozzarella ½ st
1) First, cut all chicken breasts you have as showed on the picture (not fully!).
Done! But something is missing right?
2) Step two, take spices that you have and add it on top of the breasts.
Now it’s better !
Tip: don’t forget to put some olive oil on top so that that chicken breasts are juicy in the end.
3) Let’s leave our breasts for some time and chop vegetables.
4) Melt butter over medium heat in a pan. Sauté mushrooms until tender. Remove from heat to cool.
5) This is what you should have for now:
6) Now your fantasy can go further. You can mix ingredients together to staff the chicken and create variations that you will like most!
I decided to go this way:
7) Put the dish in the preheated oven to 200 degrees F/95 degrees Celcius and bake for 25 minutes.
8) This step is really optional but till the chicken is in the oven, I decided to make a fresh home made lemonade. I just added some lemon, mint, raspberries and ice to the sparkling water. It’s a delicious drink during hot sunny days!
Voila! The delicious, healthy, juicy and spicy chicken breasts with vegetables are ready to be served.
Serve it with the fresh vegetable salad or whatever garnish you prefer. You can also use ingredients from stuffing.
This meal is perfect during summer days and the process takes only 35 minutes of your life to make it!
Are you going to study in an other country next year? This is exciting! Ask students who already study in another country about their experience.